Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lansones Tree House

My Tree House
We were given a problem by our professor in Achitectural design. Our Professor ask us to design a tree house. Personally I was excited because of the ideas that’s popping into my mind. For me, The definition of a tree house is a place for children. This is where they go to play games and everything. This is where they create happy memories of their childhood. It is a very challenging thing for me to design one because personally we don’t have a tree house. But at the same time I was excited. Maybe because now I can design a tree house that can be built in the future. The First concept that came into my mind was to base it into a fruit. In that way it will blend to the environment and will be visually pleasant to anybody who will see it. The fruit that I have decided to make as a concept is the fruit called “Lansones”. Lansones is a fruit cultivated in a tropical climate in southeast asia. That is why it is perfect for a concept of a tree house here in the Philippines. My tree house design  will look like a Lansones fruit hanging from a three connected to the body of the tree by a rope bridge. In that way children will enjoy more in going to the tree house. Also there will be a wooden stairs with rope support around the tree so it will also be easy and safe for the kids to go up and down the tree house. The Circular body of the tree house will be made of wood and strong glass. I chose the shape circle, not only because it is the shape of the fruit also because It will be more safe for the small children that will go there because of its smooth edge. It will blend to the environment and it will not cost much electricity because of the natural ventilations that It will provide with the help of the materials that will be used in making this tree house. Also for the partition of the tree house it will be divided according to the divisions in the Lansones fruit. I hope that this description of my tree house helps you understand the concept and the functions of my tree house. I really thought of this idea and how it works.  


No comments:

Post a Comment